FCT MINISTER’S NEW YEAR MESSAGE
1. On behalf of the entire management and staff of the FCT Administration, I hereby wish all residents of the Federal Capital Territory, a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.
2. The year 2020 was without a doubt one of the most challenging years in living memory not only in the FCT but indeed across the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. I therefore once again commend and express my appreciation on behalf of the Administration and residents of the Territory to all our health personnel involved in the fight against this dreadful disease. We salute their courage and pray that those who have paid the supreme price in the course of this battle should continue to rest in peace.
4. I wish to remind residents that the most effective way we can fight the COVID-19 pandemic is to adhere to the established health protocols of facial covering, hand washing and physical distancing.
5. Following these simple public health instructions will help in controlling the spread of this second wave of COVID-19 which has proven to be more aggressive than the first wave.
6. I therefore appeal to residents to please continue to adhere to these health protocols as we step into the New Year.
7. My sincere appreciation also goes to all individuals, corporate organisations, government agencies and non-governmental organisations who, despite the challenging times provided palliatives and other forms of support to the more vulnerable members of our society.
8. The FCT was built on a foundation of unity of all Nigerians regardless of ethnic or religious differences and this was exemplified as we battled the virus in 2020. It demonstrated, in more ways than one that the idea behind the founding of the FCT was not misplaced.
9. I therefore want to urge you all to continue to demonstrate this principle of oneness and togetherness and fight hard to resist efforts to cause disunity or disharmony within your ranks.
10.As residents of the FCT, maintaining the dream of a united and indivisible Nigeria is an obligation we owe to our dear country
11.Despite the challenges and the disruptions to our developmental agenda over the last year, may I once more reiterate our commitment to our core mandate which is the development of a Capital Territory that every Nigerian will be proud to call home
12.We remain committed to meeting all our obligations to the residents of the FCT.
13.We pray for the guidance of the Almighty in 2021 as we face the rigours of nation building.
14.I hereby once again wish all the residents of the Federal Capital Territory, a peaceful, healthy and prosperous 2021.
MUHAMMAD MUSA BELLO
HONOURABLE MINISTER, FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY
1ST JANUARY, 2021