FCT MINISTER FLAGS-OFF APC MEMBERSHIP REVALIDATION AND REGISTRATION EXERCISE
…ASSURES THAT NONE WILL BE DENIED REGISTRATION
1. The Honourable Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has flagged-off the All Progressives Congress Membership Revalidation and Registration Exercise in the FCT.
2. The exercise was performed by Senator Osita Izunaso, the Party’s Revalidation and Registration Committee Chairman for the North Central zone and Hon. Umar Sanda, the Chairman of the APC Membership Registration and Revalidation Committee for the FCT.
3. Also in attendance were the FCT Minister of State, Dr Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, Area Council Chairmen and other high ranking party officials and members in the FCT.
4. In a short address, Malam Bello assured that no Nigerian willing to join the party will be denied the opportunity to do so describing the APC as a movement and an ideology that is trying to re-invent Nigeria positively for the benefit of all the citizenry.
5. The APC, the Minister continued requires the membership of very dedicated, hardworking and committed party members who will build upon the successes the party has achieved so far, and called on Nigerians to seize the opportunity provided by the revalidation and registration exercise to register as party members.
6. In her remarks, the Honourable Minister of State of the FCT, Dr Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu also called on Nigerians to join the ruling party saying the exercise was “an opportunity to be a good citizen, to join the ruling party, to lend your voice to nation building. It is time to move away from the past. Put your footprint among the present. Be a member of the ruling party and leading party, the largest party in the whole of Africa to lend your voice to the reconstruction of Nigeria”.
7. She also assured party members that neither she nor the FCT Minister had any intention of hijacking the party structures and cautioned the Area Council Chairmen against doing so.
8. Also speaking, the Chairman of the party’s membership revalidation and registration Committee for the North Central Zone, Senator Osita Izunaso also assured that no Nigerian desirous of being registered as a member of the party will be denied registration.
9. He said that the exercise was a very serious one and expressed satisfaction at the presence of both FCT Ministers.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY