FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello (6th left),Chairman, Presidential Visitation Panel to the University of Abuja Alh. Bukar Goni Aji (7th left) flanked by other members of the Panel and FCTA officials during the Visitation Panel’s visit to the FCTA on Friday, 30th April 2021
1. The Honourable Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, on Friday, 30th April 2021, received members of the Presidential Visitation Panel to the University of Abuja on courtesy visit to his office.
2. In his remarks to the members of the Panel led by its Chairman, Alh. Bukar Goni Aji, the FCT Minister said that the University of Abuja is an institution that is closely linked with the FCT Administration as well as the growth and development of the city.
3. According to the Minister, the presence of the University of Abuja and the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital in Gwagwalada has immensely enhanced the growth and development of the Satellite town to the benefit of the host community.
4. The University, Malam Bello also said has also partnered with the Administration in order to solve specific matters such as the seismic issues regarding some rock formations in some parts of the FCT.
5. Malam Bello added that the University has contributed to the manpower development of the Administration as many of its staff have taken advantage of the proximity of the University to improve on their academic and professional qualifications.
6. He also said that judging from the caliber and antecedents of the members of the Visitation Panel, he was confident they will carry out a very good job of reviewing the situation in the university and guiding its administration properly in the management of the university.
7. The Minister also urged the Panel to ensure that town planning and development control regulations in the university are met and that they fit into the overall FCT Masterplan.
8. He emphasized that the FCT is a creation of law and thus, every part of it has to be developed based on a systematic, coordinated and codified manner.
9. Speaking earlier, the Chairman of the Visitation Panel, Alh. Bukar Goni Aji said that the purpose of its visit was to formally inform the Minister and the residents of the FCT that the Presidential Visitation Panel on the University of Abuja has commenced its assignment.
10. The visitation exercise the Chairman said was a fact finding one as part of a statutory responsibility that happens every five years and a critical part of its assignment includes an objective examination of the affairs of the University.
11. He added that its terms of reference includes examining issues relating to governance, accountability, evaluation of the progress made in the university after the last visitation exercise as well as looking into the working relationship between the host community and the University.
12. Other members of the Panel present for the courtesy visit were Professor Ahmed Ali Yakassai, Dr Ibinag Oden Ewa, Col. Danladi N. Adamu (Rtd), Engr Abubakar A, Matazu and Arc Samuel Ikani who is the Secretary.
13. Also present were the Chief of Staff to the FCT Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, the Director Department of Human resources Management, Dr. Bashir Muhammed, the Director Project in the Office of the Hon Minister, Engr Saka Ahmed amongst others.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY