…THANKS THEM FOR EFFORTS IN BATTLE AGAINST COVID-19
1. The Honourable Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has sent felicitations on behalf of the FCT Administration, to all workers in the Federal Capital Territory on the occasion of the 2021 Workers’ Day celebration.
2. Malam Bello recognized and applauded the efforts of all the front line and essential workers who worked tirelessly over the last one year as the nation fought the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. In the words of the Minister “I acknowledge and applaud the efforts of all the front line health workers comprising of the doctors, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory officers, cleaners, drivers, administrative officers and all others who risked it all so that the rest of us are safe”.
4. “I salute also, the other essential workers who functioned in public utility organisations such as electricity, water supply, telecommunications, environmental sanitation and not forgetting our security operatives” the Minister said.
5. Malam Bello also paid tribute to those who lost their lives while fighting the pandemic and prayed that they rest in peace
6. He also called on members of the public not to be complacent because the pandemic was not yet over and urged them to continue to observe all non-pharmaceutical protocols and prevent the spread of the disease.
7. He added that preventing the spread of COVID-19 will honour the memory of the workers who had paid the ultimate price while fighting the pandemic.
8. Malam Bello also acknowledged the role played by workers in the development of FCT over the years and saluted the efforts of the pioneer workers who made the sacrifices that were essential in laying the foundation of what has grown to become a beautiful capital city.
9. While calling on the trade unions to work with the government and embrace dialogue in settling trade disagreements, he assured that the FCTA will take all necessary steps to ensure that staff were well motivated and able to deliver the best possible services to the residents of the FCT.
10. He also assured staff of the FCTA that the Administration was committed to the promotion of their welfare and well being and called for their cooperation and dedication to service adding that the FCT and indeed the nation cannot reach their full potentials without a committed, dedicated and patriotic workforce.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY