1. On behalf of the FCT Administration, I most heartily felicitate with all residents of the Federal Capital Territory, especially the Muslim Ummah on the celebration of Eid-El-Fitr.
2. Most importantly, I congratulate us all on the successful completion of 30 days of Ramadan which involved fasting, prayers and charity.
3. It is therefore an opportunity to thank Almighty Allah for the successful completion of this religious obligation and pray that our supplications to Him will be favourably received.
4. It was indeed gratifying to witness residents of the FCT reaching out to the less privileged members of the society regardless of ethnicity or religion in the spirit of oneness and caring for one another.
5. I urge you to continue to practice the lessons learnt during Ramadan in order to strengthen the bond of brotherhood and unity.
6. Let us be reminded that the Federal Capital Territory was built on a foundation of national unity with the strong conviction of our founding fathers that it is only when we stay together and work together, with a single purpose, that we can truly reach our potentials as a great nation.
7. We should therefore stand firm and resolute against divisive and unpatriotic elements in our society who do not wish us well as a nation and as a people by continuing to care for each other irrespective of ethnic or religious differences.
8. Let us also remain vigilant and be security conscious at all times. Report to the security agencies all suspicious movements and characters in our communities and be more discerning with information that you imbibe or share especially from the social media.
9. On our part, we will continue, in collaboration with the various security agencies, to put measures in place to safeguard the lives and properties of all residents of the FCT.
10. As we celebrate the Eid festivities, we should please do so from the safety and comfort of our homes. Please note that despite the seemingly low cases of positives and fatalities recorded in recent weeks, COVID-19 is still with us and remains a deadly disease.
11. The possibility of a third wave is very real and we should therefore continue to observe the non-pharmaceutical intervention protocols of facial coverings, physical distancing and hand washing.
12. I once again, congratulate the Muslim Ummah on the successful completion of Ramadan and I wish you all joyous and re-invigorating celebrations.
13. Thank you.
MUHAMMAD MUSA BELLO
HONOURABLE MINISTER, FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY