1. The Federal Capital Territory Administration has taken several measures to stop the spread of Cholera as well as provide the highest level of care to those affected by the disease.
2. Some of the measures already taken from early May 2021 when we started having the diarrheal disease in the FCT include:
i. Formation of Cholera Emergency Operation Centres and appointment of an Incidence Manager and other relevant medical personnel along with Stakeholders from the FCT Water Board, Abuja Environmental Protection Board, Rural Water and Sanitation Agency [RUWASA) etc, who are also in the team.
ii. Prepositioning of Drugs and Consumables for the free treatment of all identified cases in both Secondary and Primary Care Facilities of the FCT.
iii. Provision of free portable water through water tankers from the FCT Water Board to all affected communities.
iv. Training and Sensitization of Health Care Providers in both Secondary and Primary Healthcare facilities including some private ones.
v. Community Sensitization on causes and means of treating and prevention of Cholera. All communities that have outbreak are being visited and monitored by relevant medical personnel and other stakeholders.
vi. Sensitization of the General Public through the media on all issues concerning the Cholera Outbreak and preventive measures.
vii. High level engagement of all the Six  Area Councils Chairmen, Religious and Traditional Leaders in the Six  Area Councils.
3. Meanwhile continuous surveillance on communities with suspected cases are being conducted in all the communities in the six Area councils of the FCT to confirm the prevalence of Cholera.
4. As at 8th July, 2021, the FCT has recorded Five hundred and fourteen (514) suspected cases. Out of this number, Eight  laboratory investigations were confirmed to be Cholera.
5. The FCT Administration is also working very closely with the National Primary Healthcare Development Agency on all the important interventions to end the scourge of the disease in the Territory.
Senior Special Assistant (Media) to FCT Minister