(L-R) President, Nigeria Labour Congress, comrade Ayuba Wabba, Chairman, National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives (NANNM) FCT Chapter Comrade Deborah Yusufu, and FCT Minister Malam Muhammad Musa Bello during the opening ceremony of the FCT NANNM week held in Abuja on 12/08/2021
….REITERATES COMMITMENT TO STAFF WELFARE
1. The Hon. Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has commended nurses in the FCT for their heroic role in the fight against COVID-19.
2. The Minister who gave the commendation at the 2021 annual FCT Nurses Week/Scientific workshop held on Thursday, August 12, 2021, said the sacrifice of the nurses, for which some of them paid the ultimate price, ensured that the pandemic did not overwhelm the Territory.
3. Malam Bello also called on them not to relent in their efforts towards saving lives and the realization of FCTA’s aspirations in the health sector.
4. He said: “Your sacrifices and indeed, those of all frontline health workers have ensured that we are not overwhelmed by this disease and for this, we will remain eternally grateful”.
5. “As we once more confront COVID-19 and an old enemy, cholera, you are once again called into the trenches to offer your service of caring for the afflicted with dedication and compassion for which you are known. We are confident that we can, as usual, count on you to give your best – at your duty posts- in our quest of saving lives in these challenging times” Malam Bello added.
6. The Minister also reiterated the commitment of the FCT Administration towards the welfare of staff of the FCTA, especially in the area of professional capacity, saying, “Here in the FCT, we will continue to pay great attention to the professional capacity of our nurses with training programmers as well as their personal well-being with the provision of good working conditions and adequate amenities in our healthcare facilities”.
7. Malam Bello however added, “We remain open to suggestions and ideas from your esteemed organization as we strive to collectively build a healthcare system that is caring, functional and efficient here in the FCT “.
8. He commended the nurses for the theme for the weeklong event, which is “Nurses : A Voice to Lead, A vision for Future Healthcare”, which he described as apt and timely considering the critical role that nurses and nursing profession play in the nation’s healthcare delivery system”.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY