(L-R) FCT Commissioner of Police, Babaji Sunday, with FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello during the Commissioner’s Visit to the FCTA on Monday, 16th August 2021
..PLEDGES ADMINISTRATION’S SUPPORT FOR FCT POLICE COMMAND
1. FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has pledged the support of the FCT Administration for the FCT Police Command in its task of effectively policing the Federal Capital Territory.
2. This assurance was made during the courtesy visit of the new FCT Commissioner of Police, Babaji Sunday, to the FCT Administration.
3. The Minister congratulated the new CP and expressed delight on his appointment saying that Mr Babaji possessed the relevant professional qualifications having served as a Deputy Commissioner in charge of operations in the FCT in addition to other important positions across several state police commands in the country.
4. While thanking the Officers and men of the FCT police Command for the good work they were doing in the FCT, he equally called on them to give maximum cooperation to the new CP.
5. Malam Bello also urged Mr Babaji to work closely with the heads of the other security agencies in the FCT as was done by his predecessor, AIG Bala Ciroma.
6. In assuring the Police Commissioner of the support of the FCT Administration, Malam Bello revealed that the Administration will assist the Command with some operational vehicles to aid in its assignments and reminded him that policing the FCT could be challenging as the nature of crime and criminality within the city center could be different from the satellite towns.
7. Speaking earlier, the new Commissioner of Police said that he intended to build on the legacies of his predecessor in fighting crime in the FCT which he described as the seat of the Nigerian government and therefore a very sensitive state.
8. While assuring residents of the FCT on the provision of good quality police service, he equally called for their cooperation, urging them to provide the police with information on suspicious individuals and situations.
9. CP Babaji Sunday also thanked the FCT Minister for providing an enabling environment for synergy amongst the various security agencies in the FCT and warned criminal elements in the Territory to either leave, repent or be ready to face the wrath of the law.
10. Also present at the event were the Director, Human Resources Management Department of the FCTA, Dr Bashir Mohammed, the FCTA Solicitor General, Barr. Yusuf Wodi, the Director Department of Security Services Mr Adamu Gwary and senior officers on the entourage of the new CP.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY