FCT MINISTER COMMENDS NIGERIAN SURVEYORS IN ENHANCING SECURITY, AGRICULTURE
President, Nigerian Institution of Surveyors (NIS), David Kayode Oluwamotemi, (5th left), FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello,(6th left) Registrar, Surveyors Council of Nigeria (SURCON) Kabir Mamman (6th left) Permanent Secretary, FCTA, Olusade Adesola (5th right) and other members of SURCON and the FCTA during the visit by SURCON to the FCTA on 31st August, 2021
1. The FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has commended Surveyors in the country for the professional services they render for the development of the Nigeria particularly in the areas of security and agriculture.
2. The Minister gave the commendation when he received members of the Surveyors Council of Nigeria (SURCON) led by the President, Nigerian Institution of Surveyors (NIS), Surveyor David Kayode Oluwamotemi on a courtesy visit to the FCTA, on Tuesday, 31st August 2021.
3. In the words of the Minister, “I want to commend you in the appreciation that survey data is now critical in managing national security, as well as keying in and providing the bedrock and foundation for the agricultural policy of the government of President Muhammadu Buhari”.
4. “I am very much aware that your professional colleagues were able to survey farmlands, thereby making them eligible to get a lot of the empowerment and palliative measures that the Federal Government has towards improving agriculture, especially under agencies like the Central Bank of Nigeria and other subsidiary agencies. All these are being done using your professional input and that is very commendable”, the Minister added
5. The Minister also expressed satisfaction with members of NIS in the FCTA while urging the institute to continue its programmes towards enhancing the professional competence of its members especially the young surveyors.
6. He said “For the younger ones coming in into the system, I hope the council has a robust training mechanism and system for them to be able to do it, particularly looking to advances in technology and other activities”.
7. Speaking earlier Surveyor Kayode Oluwamotemi said that the visit was to seek partnership with the FCTA to enhance land administration and revenue drive in the FCT.
8. Present at the meeting were the Registrar, Surveyors Council of Nigeria, Surveyors Kabir Mohammed Mamman, Permanent Secretary, FCTA, Mr Olusade Adesola, Chief of Staff to FCT Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, Ag ES FCDA, TPL Zaliha”u Ahmed, Surveyors General of Koi, Cross River, Adamawa and Borno States, and other senior management staff of the FCTA.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY