L-R) FCT Commissioner of Police, Sunday Babaji, Chief of Staff to FCT Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello and FCTA Permanent Secretary, Mr Olusade Adesola during the monthly FCT Security Committee meeting held on Thursday 29th October, 2021
1. The FCT Administration will continue to pay adequate attention to school security as the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has directed that adequate budgetary provisions should be made for the fencing of schools across the Territory in the 2022 budget under preparation.
2. This was one of the fall-outs from the monthly FCT Security Committee meeting held on Thursday, 28th October, 2021, and Chaired by the FCT Minister.
3. The Minister commended the security agencies for the noticeable decline in criminal activities across the FCT and called on them to sustain the momentum.
4. Residents were also called upon to be security conscious especially in the “ember” months and cooperate with security agencies by providing information whenever possible
5. On the issue of uncompleted buildings used as criminal hideouts, owners of such buildings were directed to immediately take steps to secure and complete them as appropriate sanctions will be taken against erring owners to the full extent of the law.
6. Parents were also called upon to monitor the social media activities of their children as vulnerable and young people have become victims of criminal elements operating in cyber space who endanger the lives and livelihoods of the children and their parents.
7. The activities of scavengers in the FCT are to be closely monitored and regulated by the Administration. The revised Guidelines controlling their activities will be released by the Abuja Environmental Protection Board.
8. The Minster also commended the inter agency cooperation amongst the various security agencies and urged them to continue to work closely together in order to get the desired results.
FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello (Right) and other members of the FCT Security Committee stand for the National Anthem during the monthly FCT Security Committee meeting on Thursday, 29th October, 2021.
9. Also in attendance at the meeting were the FCTA Permanent Secretary, Mr Olusade Adesola, the Chief of Staff to the Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, heads of the various security agencies in the FCT, Area Council Chairmen, traditional and religious leaders as well as senior relevant officers of the FCT Administration.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY