RELEASE OF UNIABUJA ABDUCTEES: FCT MINISTER THANKS, COMMENDS SECURITY AGENCIES, REITERATES IMPORTANCE OF CITIZENS’ COOPERATION
1. The Honourable Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, has expressed profound thanks to Almighty God and the security agencies in the FCT and across neighboring states for their joint and untiring efforts leading to the rescue of the 6 persons abducted from the University of Abuja staff quarters at Giri, Gwagwalada Area Council.
2. The Minister also thanked all other government officials, community leaders and the citizens who silently worked behind the scenes in the FCT and the neighboring communities in determination to see to the rescue of the abducted persons by providing invaluable intelligence.
3. Malam Bello further commended the families of the abductees and the entire University of Abuja community for their patience and collaboration with the security agencies while reiterating the importance of citizens’ cooperation with the security agencies for their protection and general wellbeing.
4. He also reminded residents of the FCT that security was every citizen’s responsibility and urged them to be vigilant and always report any suspected criminal activity to the security agencies or their various community leaders.
5. The Minister similarly assured residents of increased security surveillance across the Territory and urged them to go about their lawful affairs without anxiety or fear while assuring them of their continuous safety.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY