FCT MINISTER SWEARS IN FCTA GENERAL COUNSEL
FCTA General Counsel and Secretary, Legal Services Secretariat, Barr. Mohammed Babangida Umar (left) being sworn into office in the office of the Hon Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, (right).
- The swearing-in of mandate Secretaries, Coordinators and other political appointees of the Federal Capital Territory Administration was concluded today, Tuesday, November 7, 2021, with the swearing- in into office of the General Counsel and Secretary, Legal Services Secretariat, Barr. Mohammed Babangida Umar in the Conference Hall of the Office of the FCT Minister.
2. Barrister Umar was unavailable when the other political appointees were sworn in on the 30th of November, 2021.
3. Shortly after the swearing-in ceremony, the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello again urged all the political appointees to work with the Administration for the achievement of its mandate.
4. Malam Bello reiterated his call for effective horizontal communication between all appointees and urged them to work as a united team for effective service delivery.
5. He described the new GC and Secretary, Legal as a resourceful lawyer with robust experience in both the public and private sectors and urged him to bring his wealth of experience to bear in the discharge of his duties.
6. Barr. Umar had previously served in the same capacity of General Counsel and Secretary of the Legal Services Secretariat during Malam Bello’s first tenure as FCT Minister.
7. Present at the Swearing in of the GC were, the Permanent Secretary, Mr. Olusade Adesola, the Chief of Staff to the Minister, Malam Muhammad Bashir Mai-Bornu, The Executive Secretary FCDA, Engr. Shehu Hadi Ahmed, Solicitor General of the FCTA, Barr. Yusuf Wodi, Director, Human Resource Management, Malam Bashir Muhammad and other senior management staff of the FCTA
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY