L-R)Commodore S.D Ibrahim, Commander, Naval Unit, Abuja, Brig Gen M.T Usman, Commander, Guards Brigade, Maj. Gen. S. Dahiru. Commander, Army HQ Garrison, Maj. Gen P.B Fakrogha, Commander, DHQ Garrison, FCT Commissioner of Ploce, Sunday Babaji, Chief of Staff to FCT Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, FCT Minister of State, Dr Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, during the monthly FCT Security Committee meeting held on Tuesday, 21/`12/2021
…URGED TO FOLLOW COVID -19 PROTOCOLS
1. Residents of the Federal Capital Territory have been assured of their safety during the upcoming Christmas and New Year celebrations.
2. The assurance was given by the FCT Minister of State, Dr Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu following the monthly FCT Security Committee meeting which was held on Tuesday, 21st of December, 2021.
3. Speaking after the meeting which is the last for the year, Dr Tijjani Aliyu said that the G7, (states contiguous to the FCT) were working in synergy to ensure a hitch free celebration in the nation’s capital and across the zone.
4. Speaking in the same vein, the FCT Commissioner of Police Babaji Sunday also said that the FCT Police Command in collaboration with other security agencies have intensified security operations such as the raiding of identified black spots, increased night patrols and stop and search operations.
5. These measures he said will ensure a hitch free yuletide celebration. He also called for the cooperation of residents of the FCT whom he urged to be security conscious and give useful information to the security agencies.
6. In the words of the Commissioner. “We should be security conscious and help others to be security conscious. Know the places you go, the friends you keep and don’t about during late hours.
7. On the increasing number of COVID-19 cases especially as the celebrations commence, Dr Tijjani Aliyu urged residents to abide by all the extent non pharmaceutical intervention measures as put in place by the NCDC which includes hand washing facial coverings and physical distancing,
8. She also urged all business owners to make sure that their premises have hand sanitizers and other COVID-19 preventive items and also ensure the compliance of their customers and clients to extant measures or risk being shut down.
9. Also speaking the Onah of Abaji Dr Adamu Baba Yunusa pledged the support of the traditional institutions to the security and health agencies in the maintenance of security and prevention of the spread of COVID-19 during the yuletide period.
10. Present at the meeting were the Permanent Secretary FCTA, Mr Olusade Adesola, the Chief of Staff to the FCT Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, the Executive Secretary of the FCDA, Engr Shehu Hadi Ahmed, heads of the various military and para-military formations in the FCT, religious leaders, Mandate Secretaries of the FCTA as well as other relevant officials.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY