FCT MINISTER URGES LOVE FOR COUNTRY
FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello (7th left) flanked by his Escort Commander, SP Mani Umar, (6th left) and ADC, SP Saidu Bala (8th left) and other officials of the FCTA following the decoration of both officers with their new ranks as Superintendents of Police.
…AS HE DECORATES MEMBERS OF SECURITY DETAIL WITH NEW RANK
1. The Honourable Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has called for love of country, as Nigerians have no other country to call their own.
2. The Minister said this when he decorated two members of his security detail, Saidu Bala, his Aide de Camp and Umar Mani, the escort commander who were both promoted to the rank of Superintendent of Police (SP).
3. In the words of the Minister “At the end of the day, let us not forget that we have no country other than Nigeria. This is our home and we have to love our country, love our leaders, pray for our leaders, work hard to make this country great and the only way we can do this is through the collective work of all of us, no matter how highly placed or lowly placed, once we have that love for country in our heart, the sky will not be our limit”.
4. Malam Bello, while describing both officers as outstanding and a fine example of the new crop of smart, intelligent and dedicated men and women of the Nigeria Police Force, said “Having worked with them for the last six years plus, I can tell you more than anybody else what fine officers are. They represent the new crop of the Nigerian police. Smart, intelligent and highly dedicated with tremendous love for country”.
5. Describing his ADC as an officer with a keen sense of right and wrong especially with regards to city management the Minister said that governance should not be left to the principal officers alone, but should be a collective effort of all.
6. He said “Starting with the ADC, when we started this work, as you know, the principal will always be with the ADC in the same vehicle. So, over the last few years, he has been able to study me to such an extent that the moment I see something wrong in the city, even before I talk to him to contact people, he is already sending them messages.
7. But more importantly, his amazing commitment to duty and knowledge of wrong and right, especially with respect to city management is amazing and all the Directors here will confirm this and that’s how it’s supposed to be. Governance is not just the principal officer. It has to be a team work of everybody. There is no way the Director or the Permanent Secretary or the Executive Secretary will be everywhere all the time.
8. On his escort commander, the Minister said “Mani Umar is something else. Usually, I call Mani Umar when the job is tough that nobody can handle it and the moment you give Mani a job, you can go back to sleep and it will be done. That’s the extent of his dedication.
9. While expressing his appreciation to the Inspector General of Police and the Police Service Commission for approving the promotion of the officers, Malam Bello congratulated both officers and all other service personnel who were elevated.
10. Joining the FCT Minister to decorate both men was Assistant Commissioner of Police Ishaku Sharu who represented Assistant Inspector General of Police zone 7, Bala Ciroma.
11. Also present at the event were the Chief of Staff to the Minister Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, the Executive Secretary, FCDA, Engr Shehu Hadi Ahmed, SSA to the Minister on Security, Abu Salihu Mohammed and other senior officials of the FCTA.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY