SECURITY COMMITTEE MEETING: MINISTER COMMENDS SECURITY AGENCIES FOR PEACEFUL AREA COUNCIL ELECTIONS
FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello (Middle) chairing the FCT Security Committee Meeting held on the 24th of February 2022.
…TASKS THEM ON IMPROVING SECURITY IN THE FCT
1. The Honourable Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has commended and expressed the appreciation of the FCT Administration to the security agencies for ensuring the peaceful conduct of the FCT Area Council elections which took place on the 12th of February 2022.
2. The Minister expressed this appreciation during the monthly FCT Security Committee meeting which took place on Thursday, 24th of February, 2022.
3. According to the Minister, it was to the credit of the security agencies that the FCT Area Council elections took place in a largely peaceful atmosphere.
4. He however tasked them to improve the security situation in the Territory against serious crimes especially in the satellite towns where the activities of criminals, especially kidnappers have become a serious source for concern in recent times.
5. He also charged them to work in a coordinated fashion to rid the city of miscreants who harass residents and carry out criminal activities within residential areas.
6. The FCT Administration, the Minister said will continue to accord them all the necessary support they require in the discharge of their responsibilities of ridding the FCT of violent crimes and criminality.
7. “There is an urgent need for our security agencies to improve on the implementation of the strategies being deployed in tackling the security situation in the Federal Capital Territory” the Minister said.
8. Malam Bello also welcomed the submission of the Area Council Chairmen to pay adequate attention to the implementation of the Community Policing policy of the Government saying that it will help in information gathering and ensure the overall security of the FCT.
9. Members of the public were also enjoined by the Security Committee to take extra caution to prevent fire outbreaks in their places of residences and business. They were reminded that fire outbreaks were more likely to occur during the dry harmattan season and should follow all fire prevention measures laid out by the relevant authorities.
10. The meeting was attended by the heads of the various military and paramilitary agencies in the FCT, community, religious and traditional leaders as well as senior officials of the FCTA.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY