L-R) Chief of Defence Space Administration, Rear Admiral Nnamdi Muogilim and FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello during the visit of the DSA Chief to the FCTA on Tuesday, 12th April 2022
1. The Chief of Defence Space Administration, (DSA) Rear Admiral Nnamdi Muogilim has commended the FCT Minister for his efforts at keeping the nation’s capital safe.
2. The Military Chief gave the commendation when a delegation from the DSA, led by him, paid a courtesy visit to the FCTA on Tuesday, 12th April 2022.
3. Speaking to the Hon Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, Rear Admiral Muogilim, said “you have maintained security in the FCT. I know that there are issues but most times … the FCT has been kept safe and that’s one of the critical components of leadership; security of lives and properties. So we want to thank you for that”.
4. He also thanked the Minister for the support the FCT Administration was granting to the security agencies in the FCT, saying, “Thank you for the support you have been giving to the military, the police and other security agencies who are operating in the FCT.
5. “Without your support and encouragement, they would not have done the much they are doing today. We also want to thank you for the value you are adding to the country by making it safe” he added.
6. He revealed that the DSA was established in 2014 to use space resources and satellites to advance the frontiers of defence and security, which he said included food security, weather, road safety and fire -fighting through the provision of early warnings.
7. He also offered the services of the DSA for the provision of required critical information and data for the development of the nation’s capital.
8. In his response, the FCT Minister commended the efforts of the armed forces in keeping the FCT safe through their active participation in the FCT Security Committee.
9. He explained that being the nation’s capital, criminals come into the Territory to commit crimes with the intention of creating negative publicity against the government.
10. Malam Bello added “This is why we have worked very closely with members of the armed forces and other security agencies to make sure that we prevent such crimes and by and large we have been very successful”.
11. The Minister expressed optimism that by sharing relevant data gathered with other security agencies, the DSA will further enhance their proactive capacity to combat crime in the FCT.
12. He also pledged to pay a visit to the facilities of the DSA with the intention of seeking other possibilities of collaboration between the FCTA and DSA for the overall, development of the FCT.
13. Also in attendance at the courtesy visit were the Chief of Staff to the FCT Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, and the Senior Special Assistant to the Minister on security Amb. A. S Mohammed, the Ag Director of the Department of Security Services in the FCTA, Mrs. Ebele Molokwu, the Director, Department of Human Resources, DR Bashir Muhammed and other officials of the DSA and FCTA.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY