FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello (right) presenting a letter of appreciation and congratulations on behalf of the FCT Administration to the APC Deputy National Chairman (North) Senator Abubakar Kyari at the APC National Secretariat, in Abuja.
1. Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has expressed the profound appreciation of the FCT Administration (FCTA) to Sen. Abubakar Kyari for his commitment to the development of the Federal Capital Territory while he served as Chairman, Senate Committee on FCT.
2. Malam Bello stated this when he led a delegation of top management officials of the FCT Administration to the APC National Secretariat, Abuja, on a thank-you and congratulatory visit to Sen. Kyari who recently assumed office as the Deputy National Chairman (North) of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
3. “Basically, we have come here as a team to convey to you our deep and sincere appreciation for the way you conducted the affairs of the FCT Senate Committee and the way you interfaced very closely with myself, the Hon. Minister of State, the Permanent Secretary, the Chief of Staff, and all the senior management staff.
4. “In all our official encounters with you, you did it with dedication to duty and passion for the development of the Federal Capital Territory.
5. “We are particularly delighted with this (elevation) because quite frankly, we know you are the right person for the job at the right time.”
6. The Minister added, “We want to use this opportunity to congratulate you for your well-deserved elevation to the post of Deputy National Chairman (North) of the APC.
7. “The gold fish has no hiding place. For those of us who have known you for quite some time, you are well positioned to take this responsibility. You have served as a public officer in various capacities -as Commissioner and Chief of Staff, and you have done very well also as a politician.
8. “You have served your state diligently, served the Senate diligently and now, by the grace of God, you are going to serve members of the party in the 19 States of the North, and by extension, the nation at large” the Minister added.
9. Senator Abubakar Kyari while responding expressed gratitude to God and revealed that he left the Senate with mixed feelings because it was a time the Senate Committee on the FCT had laid down measures to bring about a lot of positive changes in the FCT particularly, he said, “owing to dedication of the Hon. Minister and staff of the FCTA and FCDA”.
10. Sen. Kyari hailed the Bello-led FCT Administration for completing existing infrastructure and laying foundations for new ones. For instance, he said, Abuja’s Medical City, when completed, would be comparable with that of Dubai Medical City.
11. He also listed the Greater Abuja Water Project and the Karshi Water Project as some of the other legacy projects under the current FCT Administration.
12. The APC Deputy National Chairman, however pointed out that the population explosion challenge which forced relocation of capital out of Lagos was currently facing the FCT and exerting undue pressure on existing facilities.
13. “But with the proactive steps taken now and others on the way, I believe we will be able to match up those infrastructure” he added.
14. Sen. Kyari also noted that development of the satellite towns would cater for the majority of the people, saying “I’m glad that we could see the expansion and return to the mass rail transit, which is one way of relieving the pressure on the road transportation from the satellite towns into Abuja.”
15. On the entourage of the FCT Minister were the Permanent Secretary, Mr Olusade Adesola, Chief of Staff to the Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, the Executive Secretary, FCDA Engr Shehu Hadi Ahmed, Mandate Secretaries, senior aides to the Minister and other top management officials of the FCTA.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY