L-R) FCT Commissioner of Police, Mr Babaji Sunday, FCT Minister, malam Muhammad Musa Bello, Permanent Secretary, FCTA, Mr Olusade Adesola and SSA to the Minister on Monitoring Inspection and Enforcement, Comrade ikharo Attah at the meeting between the FCT Minister and Commanders and Heads of Operations of the various enforcement units of security agencies and relevant SDA’s o the FCTA.
1. Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has commended enforcement commanders and heads of operations of the various security agencies and heads of operations of relevant SDA’s within the FCTA in the discharge of their duties of enforcing various laws within the nation’s capital.
2. The Minister who made this commendation during a luncheon he held with Enforcement Commanders and Heads of Operations of Security Outfits and FCT Agencies at his official Life Camp Residence, also charged them to continue to do their job without compromise.
3. Malam Bello who noted that the enforcement commanders had the complete support of the FCT Administration while discharging their responsibilities also reaffirmed that the FCTA will remain steadfast and resolute in enforcing city laws and will resist any form of interference or pressure to bend the rules. He also reiterated that the FCT is a creation of law and the rule of law will apply in all circumstances.
4. While charging them to carry out their assignments diligently he said “Honestly, I appreciate all what you’re doing. Just go ahead and do your work. That is what the Commander in Chief told me. He said Minister just do your work. And that is my charge to all of you too”.
5. In the same vein, the FCTA Permanent Secretary, Mr. Olusade Adesola while thanking the FCT Minister for the support granted the enforcement teams said “I saw the report of someone that sank borehole on the walkway. In the past years, that operation would have gone unnoticed. The people that would even go there would have compromised and the work will be completed. But I saw our gallant officers, both the civilians and the force men, all of them there. Not only that they stopped the work, the Deputy Director from the AEPB said this person will be prosecuted. This is how it should be and we thank you for the assurances of your support”
6. He equally charged them to carry out their assignment within the ambits of the law saying “We still have a lot to do and the Minister has given us the backing. What he has always said is make sure you do it according to the law. Don’t do anything out of vendetta. That should not be the purpose, the reason should be because a wrong thing has been committed and it has to be righted. Please stick to this and we assure you of our total support.
7. Earlier in his remark, the Senior Special Assistant to the FCT Minister on Monitoring, Inspection and Enforcement, Mr. Ikharo Attah also thanked the Minister for providing the necessary backing and leadership.
8. He said “We want to thank you for the deep support, the strong political will we have received in carrying out our job that we consider very tough. We want to thank you for the willpower to stand by us in very difficult times because when we look at the job we do in the field, we discover that if not for your strong political will to stand and be very firm for what is right, I don’t think we will go far at all”
9. Also speaking, the Deputy Commissioner of Police (Operations) Mr Ben Igweh, who is the overall field commander of the various enforcement teams, pledged the commitment of the field officers to ensuring that the objectives of the FCT Administration are met at all times and encouraged his men to be fearless in the course of their duties.
10. Present at the luncheon were the FCT Police Commissioner, Mr Babaji Sunday, Commandant, NSCDC, FCT Command Dr Peter Maigari, the Director, FCT Department of Road Traffic Services Dr Abdulateef Bello, heads of various security outfits and senior officials of the FCTA.
11. Earlier in the day, the Chief of Defence Space Administration, Rear Admiral Nnamdi Muogilim delivered a presentation to the FCT Administration on security at the various entry points into the FCT, based on satellite imagery, in a bid to further strengthen security in the nation’s capital.
12. Present at that meeting were the heads of the various relevant security agencies in the FCT, traditional leaders as well as senior officials of the FCT Administration.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY