L-R) FCT Police Commissioner, Babaji Sunday, Chief of Staff to FCT Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, FCT Minister of State, Dr Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, Ag Permanent Secretary FCTA, Mr Samuel Atang, ES FCDA, Engr Shehu Hadi Ahmed and Onah of Abaji, Alh. Adamu Yunusa during the monthly FCT Security Committee meeting held on Thursday, 28th July 2022.
…TO TAKE FIGHT TO BANDITS, TERRORISTS
1. In order to enhance the provision of security in the nation’s capital, the FCT Administration has taken steps to re-invigorate the G7 security operations which involves security collaboration and partnerships with states that are contiguous to the Federal Capital Territory.
2. This disclosure was made by the FCT Commissioner of Police, Sunday Babaji following the monthly FCT Security Committee meeting held on Thursday, 28th July 2022 and chaired by the FCT Minister, malam Muhammad Musa Bello.
3. According to the FCT CP, the re-invigoration of the G7 security operations will see the commencement of security actions and procedures by members of the G7 which will involve taking the fight to the bandits and terrorists in their camps which are mostly located in states bordering the FCT.
4. The Police Commissioner however called for the collaboration and cooperation of residents of the FCT whom he urged to provide actionable and timely intelligence to the security agencies while also calling them to be security conscious at all times.
5. He also assured residents of their safety and urged them to go about their lawful activities. He said “I call on residents to give actionable and timely intelligence to all the security agencies and to also be security conscious.
6. I’m also assuring them that FCT is safe. Every member of the community should go about their lawful businesses. We are on top of the situation. We have deployed our men both overt and covert and we are doing everything possible in synergy with all the security agencies, with the support of our traditional rulers and religious leaders to make sure that FCT is safe”. He assured.
7. Senior Special Assistant on Security to the Minister, Ambassador Abu Salihu Mohammed, while corroborating the CP, revealed the readiness of the heads of security agencies in the neighbouring states to participate actively in the G7 operations.
8. He also called on residents to be wary of fake news especially on the social media which are designed to cause panic amongst the citizenry.
9. Circulating such news, he said would amount to playing into the hands of terrorists. While urging residents not to panic he called on them to verify news and other information from relevant and recognized authorities.
10. The meeting was also attended by the FCT Minister of State, Dr Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, Chief of Staff to the Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, ES FCDA, Engr Shehu Hadi Ahmed, heads of the various military formations and para-military organisations in the FCT as well as religious and traditional leaders and Area Council Chairmen.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY