- On behalf of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, I wish to express my warm felicitations to all residents of the Federal Capital Territory especially the Christian faithful on the joyous celebration of Christmas.
- The season of Christmas which commemorates the birth of Jesus Christ is synonymous with love for humanity, charity, peaceful co-existence and unity.
- Let us therefore use the opportunity of the Christmas celebration to reflect on and imbibe these virtues as exemplified by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- This occasion also offers us a unique opportunity to collectively, as citizens, pray for our dear country Nigeria and all her leaders, for guidance, wisdom and continuous steadfast leadership especially as we approach the 2023 general elections.
- I enjoin us therefore to utilize the opportunity that the Christmas season brings to pray for peaceful elections and the enthronement of good governance and deepening of our democratic values in the years ahead.
- Let us once again be reminded that the FCT was built on the principles of peace, unity, and love for country and fellow citizens. It is heartwarming to note that residents of the Territory have on numerous occasions demonstrated these principles by exhibiting acts of kindness and compassion towards one another.
- I urge us to use this occasion to once more reinforce these virtues by reaching out to each other in friendship and togetherness, as a people with a common destiny, during this Christmas season.
- The FCT Administration will continue to promote these principles in all our actions and deeds and I call for the continuous support of all residents in the Territory as we work hard to build a world class capital city that will be the pride of all of us.
- For the duration of the yuletide, residents are enjoined to be security conscious and abide by all the guidelines as postulated by the security agencies.
- As we celebrate, let us also guided by all extant rules regulating our daily activities in the Territory, especially as regards to city sanitation and observance of all traffic regulations.
- I once again wish you all a peaceful and memorable Christmas celebrations.
- Thank you
MUHAMMAD MUSA BELLO
DECEMBER 25, 2022