– FCT MINISTER URGES THE PEOPLE OF KWALI TO EMULATE THE QUALITIES OF LATE MONARCH
1. The Honourable Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has described the late Etsu of Kwali HRH Alh. Shaban Nizazo III as a good leader who loved his people dearly and was passionate about the development of education and health care delivery.
2. The Minister said this when he paid a condolence visit to Kwali Area Council on Thursday 5th of January, 2023 to commiserate with the people over the passing of the late traditional leader who died on the 29th of December 2022.
3. Received by the Ona of Abaji and traditional rulers from Kwali, Malam Bello who spoke in Hausa language said he had worked closely with the late Etsu who always gave him useful advise, one of which was that government officials should always be true to themselves and to God in all their actions and that they should take the issues of education and health care delivery very seriously.
4. He thereafter called on the political and community leaders of the area council to live up to the legacies of the late Etsu and emulate his exemplary leadership qualities.
5. The Minister recalled his last meeting with the late Etsu which was on Christmas day during the traditional FCT residents’ homage to President Muhammadu at the Presidential Villa.
6. He also commended the Kwali Area Council Chairman and other community and religious leaders for the roles they have played in the funeral rites and other events following the death of the traditional ruler.
7. Malam Bello equally called on the people of the Area Council to work together and harness the natural resources which are abundant in Kwali for the benefit of the people.
8. Speaking earlier, the Chairman of Kwali Area Council Hon. Danladi Chiya thanked the FCT Minister for the visit and revealed that the late Etsu had requested that upon his passing, his successor should be named as soon as possible. He said that that the Area Council intends to honour the request of the late monarch.
9. He lamented that the people of Kwali had lost a great leader at a time when he was needed the most but also said no man could question the will of God. He also commended the FCT Minister for his exemplary leadership in the management of the FCT.
10. Also speaking the Ona of Abaji HRH Adamu Baba Yunusa thanked the Minister for the visit and for the commendable efforts of the Secretary of the Area Council Services Secretariat , Hon. Ibrahim Abubakar Dantsoho in the days immediately following the passing of the Etsu and prayed for the repose of the soul of the deceased.
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE HON. MINISTER)