FCT MINISTER RECEIVES NEW GUARDS BRIGADE COMMANDER
…CHARGES HIM TO BUILD ON SUCCESSES OF PREDECESSOR
1. The Hon. Minister of the FCT, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has urged the new Commander of the Guards Brigade, Brig. Gen. Aminu Umar, to build on the successes of his predecessor, Maj. Gen MT Usman.
2. The Minister made this charge when he received both officers in his office where Maj .Gen Usman formally introduced his successor to the FCT Minister.
3. Malam Bello, while congratulating the out-going Guards Brigade Commander on his elevation to the rank of Major General, also thanked him for his contributions in the fight against crime and criminality in the FCT.
4. The Minister revealed that the Administration had a very good working relationship with the Brigade of Guards under Gen. Usman and wished him the best in his new military posting.
5. While congratulating Brig. Gen Umar on his posting as the Commander of the Brigade of Guards, the Minister pledged the support and cooperation of the FCT Administration to the Brigade.
6. Speaking earlier, Maj. Gen MT Usman who said it was customary for the outgoing Commander to present his successor to the Minister, expressed his appreciation to the FCT Administration for all the support the Brigade has enjoyed from the FCTA.
7. He said “I’m also here to thank the FCT Minister, the Permanent Secretary and other members of his team for all the support we have received in the Guard Brigade.
8. The cooperation, the vehicles, name it, I know the FCT Minister will continue to also improve on what he has done for us. We really appreciate you and may God see you through in all affairs of yours”. He added.
9. Maj. Gen Usman also said the Brigade was a major stakeholder in the task of providing security in the nation’s capital and some adjoining states.
10. “As you all know, the Guards Brigade is a major stakeholder on the issue of security of Abuja, though we are primarily in charge of the protection of Mr. President, his immediate family members and the seat of government and of course the seat of government is in Abuja, we are also by extension to protect Abuja, parts of Niger State and complete Nasarawa State. He said
11. Also speaking, Brig. Gen. Aminu Umar assured that he would maintain the high standards set by his predecessor and also put in his best to ensure the security and safety of the residents of the FCT.
12. He also called for the continuous support of the FCT Administration, saying, “I will continue to count on the support of the FCT Administration, especially the office of the Minister of the FCT and I want to pledge that I shall put in all I’ve learnt over the years in the service to ensure that we bring the safety we’ve known Abuja for and ensure that the good behaviour of my troops also rubs on the citizenry so that together, we can at the end of the day say we’ve done very well”
13. Also present at the event were the Permanent Secretary, FCTA, Mr Olusade Adesola, the Chief of Staff to the Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, the SSA Security to the Minister, Amb. Abu Muhammed, the Director of security services, Mr Adamu Gwary and other senior officials of the FCTA.
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE HON.MINISTER)