FCT MINISTER HOSTS KASHIM SHETTIMA
…AS VP CANDIDATE MEETS FCT TRADITIONAL, POLITICAL LEADERS
1. The Hon. Minister of the FCT Malam Muhammad Musa Bello on Wednesday played host to the APC Vice Presidential Candidate at his official residence in Life Camp, and introduced him to the FCT Council of Chiefs and the APC political leadership in the FCT.
2. In her welcome address at the event, the FCT Minister of State, Dr Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, expressed optimism that the APC will triumph in the forthcoming general elections and called for the cooperation of all party members.
3. She also reiterated the commitment of the FCT APC to the party and pledged their hard work and support to ensure the success of the party at the polls .
4. in her words “We believe in the party and your leadership and we pray sincerely together with my colleague and on behalf of the entire royal fathers domesticated under the leadership of the Hon. Minister of State and the Hon. Minister of FCT, we appreciate you and we believe collectively that we shall work, and we shall be victorious.
5. In his remarks, Senator Kashim Shettima said that the essence of his meeting with the traditional and APC political leadership of the FCT is to draw a roadmap for having a hitch free general elections with the traditional leaders playing a crucial role.
6. He said “The whole essence of this meeting is for us to consolidate our interest and draw a roadmap of having a hitch-free elections in the FCT and the royal fathers, being custodians of our rich cultural heritage, they are the people who are the point of contact to the grassroots.”
7. Describing the FCT as a microcosm of the larger Nigerian society, and that most of the election observers will be in Abuja to monitor the elections, Shettima called on the royal fathers to help ensure that the elections are conducted freely and fairly and that residents are not denied their rights to vote.
8. Speaking further, he said “We urge you to be all embracing and all accommodating because Nigeria is a nation. Elections come and go but the nation remains.
9. “The FCT being the political nerve centre of the nation, we crave your indulgence, your support and solidarity in ensuring that we get the most votes in the FCT. We pray and hope that if we work in unity, we can win the Senatorial, House of Representatives and Presidential elections”
10.The Chairman of the FCT Council of Chiefs and Ona of Abaji, Dr Adamu Baba Yunusa in his remarks pledged that the traditional institutions will work towards a free and fair election in the FCT.
11.Also present were the APC Deputy National Chairman (North) Senator Abubakar Kyari, the Depty DG of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, Hadiza Bala Usman, the FCT APC Chairman, Hon Abdulmalik Usman, FCT APC PCC Coordinator, Hon Zephaniah Jisalo, 15 other graded chiefs in the FCT and other senior party officials and members.
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE FCT MINISTER)