BELLO LEADS DELEGATION TO LATE MONARCH’S FUNERAL PRAYER, CONDOLES WITH YABA CHIEFDOM
AS ALIYU COMMISERATES WITH TRADITIONAL COUNCIL OF CHIEFS, FAMILY
1. Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, on Friday February 10th, 2023, led a delegation of FCT Administration officials and Traditional rulers to the funeral prayer for the late Etsu Yaba, Alhaji Adamu Abdullahi.
2. Malam Bello, during the prayer session for the late monarch, described him as an upright leader who worked tirelessly for the wellbeing of members of his community during his lifetime.
3. He said: “The late Etsu was a selfless leader because he never relented in pursuing projects which will bring development to his community and the entire FCT. We pray that God forgives his shortcomings and grants him Ajanna Firdaus”.
4. He expressed his deepest condolences to the people of Yaba chiefdom and Abaji area council as a whole over the loss of the well-loved traditional ruler.
5. Speaking also, the Chairman, FCT Traditional Council of Chiefs and Ona of Abaji, HRH, Alhaji Adamu Baba Yunusa described the late Etsu as a peace-loving man who contributed immensely to the development of FCT Traditional Council of Chiefs and the Yaba chiefdom.
6. He prayed that God forgives the deceased and urged all his well-wishers to pray for the repose of his soul.
7. The FCT Minister was accompanied to Yaba Chiefdom by members of the FCT Traditional Council of Chiefs, Officials of the FCTA and heads of security agencies in the FCT.
8. Similarly, the FCT Minister of State, Dr. Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu has described the late traditional ruler as a mentor who has inspired many in the discharge of his traditional duties.
9. In a condolence message she signed personally, Dr Aliyu said: “It is with great sadness that I learnt of the death of our royal father, the Etsu Yaba, HRH. Late Alhaji Abdullahi Adamu, the 10th Etsu of Yaba. He was a true ruler who served his subjects and the descents of Yaba with love and distinction.
10.”My deepest sympathies to the FCT Traditional Council of Chiefs and residents of Abaji area council, especially the family, for this great loss.
11.”The Etsu was known to be very supportive of the FCT Administration. His love for his people knew no bounds, he held the Chiefdom dear to his heart, displayed obvious care for all of his subjects, we have lost a humane traditional ruler.
12.”I wish to convey my condolences to the family of our beloved eminent traditional ruler, most especially his wives who have been a pillar of support to him before and during his reign, I also wish to condole the people of Yaba Chiefdom for this great loss.
13.“May Allah grant him Aljannatul Firdaus. Amin”.
14.Recall that the late Adamu Abdullahi, who died on 9th March 2023, after a brief illness, was a 3rd Class Chief of Yaba.
15.He was born on the 1st of April 1956, and ascended the throne on June 21, 2012, from the Nuku rulling family in Yaba. He was 67 years old before his death.
RABI MUSA UMAR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE MINISTER)