1. Workers in the FCT Administration have commended the FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello for all his efforts in improving the welfare and wellbeing of staff of the Administration.
2. The workers made their feelings known at the 2023 1st quarter meeting between the management of the FCTA and the Joint Unions Action Committee (JUAC).
3. Speaking on behalf of the workers, Chairman, JUAC, Comrade Korede Matilukuro described Malam Bello’s appointment as FCT Minister as one of the best things to have happened to staff and the Administration as a whole.
4. Comrade Korede commended the Minister for the timeliness and sincerity with which he approached and handled all issue relating to staff welfare and the unions.
5. Matilukuro especially commended the Minister for staff promotions which were implemented when and as due, prompt payment of all salaries and allowances including arrears where applicable, consideration of Locum staff for formal recruitment provision of buses for the unions as well as he recent release of grains for junior staff.
6. He also thanked the Minister once again for the allocation of a recreational and sports garden to the Union and expressed hope that the Minister would find time after retirement from public service to visit with staff at the garden.
7. Members of the union in the course of the meeting accorded the Minister several standing ovations and solidarity songs.
8. Earlier in his opening remarks, the Minister had commended staff of the FCTA for their dedication and commitment to duty which has improved service delivery in the FCT.
9. He said improved staff performance was also acknowledged by SERVICOM with a letter of commendation to the Administration for excellence in service delivery.
10. He also disclosed plans for the inauguration of the various Boards of the FCTA over the coming week.
11. Present at the meeting were the Chief of staff to the Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, Director, Human Resources Management, Dr Bashir Muhammad, Director of Treasury, Alhaji Zanna Hamza, Director of Security, Malam Adamu Gwary, Director, Finance and Administration, of the Minister, Mrs. Nancy Nathan and other management staff of the FCTA and executives members of JUAC.
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE MINISTER)