FCT MINISTER STRESSES IMPORTANCE OF DIALOGUE IN GOVERNMENT/LABOUR RELATIONS
…CHARGES NEW FCT NLC LEADERSHIP TO ADOPT NEW DIALOGUE STRATEGY FOR SUCCESS
…PLEDGES FCTA’S CONTINUOUS SUPPORT FOR INDUSTRIAL HARMONY IN THE FCT
1. The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello has stressed the importance of dialogue in promoting the symbiotic relationship between the government and the organized labour.
2. The FCT Minister stated this in Abuja on Thursday, April 6, 2023, when the Executive Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress, FCT Chapter, led by the Chairman Comrade Stephen Adalo Knabayi paid him a courtesy visit in his office to present the new membership of the NLC EXCO in the FCT.
3. He said: “Dialogue is very important; it’s amazing what can be achieved through dialogue. I’m sure you have seen it here in the FCT and I’m going to hand over reports to the incoming FCT Minister, informing him of the relationship that I have enjoyed with all the various labour organizations in the FCT, the NLC, the TUC and our own in-house JUAC”.
4. Malam Bello, who appreciated the robust relationship between the FCT Administration and the NLC as well as other sub-affiliated units like the, NUT, pledged that the FCT Administration will continue to partner with the new leadership of the NLC to promote industrial harmony in the FCT.
5. The FCT Minister equally thanked the NLC for the tremendous support that the FCT Administration has received from them over the years and prayed that God Almighty will guide the new leadership and grant them success in their assignments.
6. Commending the Chairman over his emergence as the new leader of the NLC in the FCT, the Minister noted that his elevation is as a result of the credible roles he played over the years as Chairman of the NUT in the fct, adding that his antecedents are very well known in the FCT.
7. The FCT Minister however advised the new leadership to try to adopt new approach and strategies in terms of its utterances and activities now that the stakes are much higher, and urged Association to see themselves as stakeholders in the FCT project.
8. “As you go higher, you realize that a lot is achieved through mutual respect, dialogue and understanding of the wider picture,” Bello stated.
9. Earlier in his remarks, the Chairman, NLC, FCT chapter, Comrade Knabayi disclosed that the new EXCO members were on the visit to familiarize and identify with the FCT Administration as well as commend the Minister for the very good job he has done in terms of the welfare of the workers.
10. He said, “We are also here to let you know that the NLC is available for you and for all of us, ready to work together with you, because we believe in dialogue, we believe in appreciating employers who have done us well and who are doing us well. We believe that meeting together to discuss issues will aways chart a better way forward on issues”.
11. Present at the meeting include the FCT Permanent Secretary, Mr. Olusade Adesola, Chief of Staff to the Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Bornu, Executive Secretary, FCDA, Engr. Shehu Hadi Ahmed, Directors Human Resources Management and Treasury, Malam Bashir Muhammad mni and Dr. Zanna A. Hamza as well as other senior management staff of the FCTA and executives of the FCT Council of the NLC.
RABI MUSA UMAR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE MINISTER)