…CHARGES IT TO WORK WITH RELEVANT FCTA AGENCIES FOR SUCCESS
1. The FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello on Saturday, May 27, 2023 inaugurated the governing board of the FCT Water Board
2. The Minister who performed the brief ceremony at his conference at his office charged the Board to work closely with relevant agencies within the FCTA to deliver on its mandate to residents of the territory.
3. Malam Bello while congratulating members of the Board on their well-deserved appointment, urged them to bring their wealth of experience to bear in the discharge of their duties.
4. He appealed to them to prioritize the rehabilitation of the Lower Usuma dam and the on-going Greater Abuja Water project as these projects will not only positively impact on the residents of the Territory but also ensure that the FCT regains its prime position in the provision of clean portable water to the citizenry.
5. On the Greater Abuja Water Project which the Minister disclosed was at 44.7% completion, also said that on completion, the project will contribute greatly in the evacuation and reticulation of water in the Territory.
6. Malam Bello who said that the inauguration of the Board was one of his last assignments as FCT Minister also urged work diligently in blocking all forms of leakages and improve its revenue generating capacity and improve the capacity of its employees through training programmes.
7. He also stressed the need for prompt and proactive maintenance of equipment when the need arises.
8. The 8 member Board which has Engr Hassan Umar Danjuma as its Chairman and the GM of the FCT Water Board, Engr. Tauheed Amusan will serve as a member while Barr. Patience Omadinihe, Legal Adviser to the FCT Water Board will serve as its secretary.
9. Present at the event where the Chief of Staff to the Minister, Malam Bashir Mai-Borno, Executive Secretary, FCDA, Engr. Shehu Hadi Ahmed, Director, Department of Human Resources Management, Malam Bashir Mohammed mni and other senior management staff of the FCTA.
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE MINISTER)