…CHARGES HIM ON HARD WORK, RESTORATION HOPE OF NIGERIANS
1. Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, on Friday, swore in the Mandate Secretary of the FCTA Social Development Secretariat, Ibrahim Aminu and charged him to work very hard in order to restore the hope of Nigerians in the FCT.
2. Shortly after the swearing-in ceremony, of the Minister informed him that he is now serving in the FCT, which is a microcosm of Nigeria, adding that there is need to work hard to achieve the mission and vision of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to restore the lost hope of Nigerians.
3. Barrister Wike while assuring the Mandate Secretary of his support and that of the Minister of State, also informed him that he would find in the FCT the support and cooperation of his colleagues which would help him to succeed in his task.
4. The Minister therefore advised the Mandate Secretary to work as a team with his colleagues and ask questions when in doubt, adding that he is serving Nigeria and not just Katsina State where he comes from.
5. The Minister said, “Now that you have been sworn in, I think you have only few hours for your merriment. The work starts. It is not an easy thing just to achieve the mission and vision of Mr. President. Nigerians have lost hope and that’s why the agenda is renewed hope. We are going to bring back that lost hope to make Nigerians believe that things can still work.
6. “You are serving Nigeria; you are not serving Katsina State alone. FCT is not like any other city. It’s a city that you can find every Nigerian. So, your services are for Nigerians. We believe with your track record, you are going to put in your best. You work as a team. Nobody knows it all. Things you may not understand, you ask your colleagues. I can assure you that you will find the team work that will make you excel.”
7. The Minister while congratulating the Mandate Secretary on his appointment, however reminded him that he would be held accountable at the end of his service, and warned that excuses will not be accepted for non-performance.
8. He said, “Please bear in mind that at the end of the day, you will be held accountable. What were you able to do when this opportunity was given to you. This is not time for excuses. This is time for performance. This is time for achievement. Nigerians are tired of hearing excuses every day. That is why we will do everything we can to assure the FCT residents that things will change and things have started changing.”
9. The Minister however expressed appreciation to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for approving the appointment of the Mandate Secretary and equally thanked the FCT Permanent Secretary, Mr. Olusade Adesola and his team for their support in the FCT.
10.The oath office was administered by the representative of the Chief Judge of the FCT, Justice C.O. Agashieze.
11.Born in 1974, Alh. Ibrahim Aminu hails from Katsina State and holds a high diploma from the Usman Dan-Fodio University, Sokoto.
12.Present at the event were the former governor of Katsina State Alhaji Aminu Bello Masari, Permanent Secretary, FCTA, Mr Olusade Adesola, Executive Secretary FCDA, Engr Shehu Hadi Ahmed, Mandate Secretaries and senior officials of the FCTA.
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE HON. MINISTER)