FCT MINISTER APPOINTS DR FRED BARIVURE KPAKOL AS SSA ON ENVIRONMENT AND WASTE MANAGEMENT
1. The Hon Minister of the FCT, Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike has appointed Dr. Barivure Fred Kpakol as the Senior Special Assistant on Environment and Waste Management.
2. Dr. Kpakol’s extensive experience and qualifications make him a valuable addition to the FCT Administration’s dedicated team.
3. Born on the 26th of May, 1961, in Gokana Local Government Area of Rivers State, Dr. Kpakol is a highly accomplished individual with a remarkable academic background. He holds a doctorate degree in Banking and Finance from Rivers State University of Science and Technology, a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the Federal University of Technology Owerri, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Accountancy from Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt.
4. Dr. Kpakol’s distinguished career has seen him take on numerous roles of high responsibility, demonstrating his capability and dedication to public service. Notable positions he has held include:
· Rivers State Commissioner for Agriculture, where he served with distinction from 2019 to 2023, contributing to the state’s agricultural development.
· Rivers State Commissioner for Finance, a role he held between 2015 and 2019, overseeing the state’s financial affairs.
· Vice Chairman of the PDP in Rivers South East Senatorial Zone, a position he held from 2013 to 2015, highlighting his commitment to the political process and party development.
· Executive Chairman of Gokana Local Government, where he provided leadership and governance for the local community.
· State Secretary of Rivers State Chapter of ALGON, a significant role he served in from 1999 to 2002, displaying his proficiency in local government administration.
5. Dr. Kpakol’s wealth of experience and dedication to public service aligns perfectly with the caliber of individuals being assembled by FCT Minister Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike.
6. His appointment as the Senior Special Assistant on Environment and Waste Management is a testament to the FCTA’s commitment to addressing environmental issues and waste management challenges in the Federal Capital Territory.
7. In this role, Dr. Kpakol will have a unique opportunity to contribute to the sustainable development and improvement of the environment in the FCT. His background in finance, governance, and agriculture positions him well to address the complex issues related to waste management and environmental conservation.
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE HON. MINISTER)