…AS RIVERS APC LEADERS VISIT HIM
1. Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike has called on Nigerians to give their support to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, irrespective of their political party affiliations.
2. The FCT Minister made the call when leaders of the Rivers State All Progressives Congress (APC), led by the National Chairman, South South, Chief Victor Giadom paid him a courtesy visit in his office in Abuja on Thursday, October 26, 2023.
3. According to the FCT Minister, members of the Nigerian State must know and understand that the time has come to collectively work for the interest of the country, with the elections now over and the emergence of the president.
4. He said that President Tinubu has proven that he has the capacity and political will to bring about positive transformation in the country and thus deserves the support of every Nigerian.
5. Barrister Wike said, “Mr. President, having emerged, is not a President of APC. He is the President of all Nigerians”.
6. Speaking on the need for unity among Rivers State politicians, irrespective party affiliations, the Minister urged them to put aside their individual interests and work for the collective interest of the State by supporting President Tinubu’s administration
7. He said, “For our State, time has also come that we must understand the politics of the country in order to move forward. So many States have benefited from it; we must also not lose out. We must understand that party is a vehicle that takes you to a place. But once you get to where you are going, you come out from the vehicle.
8. “The interest of Rivers State is key. It’s not the interest of you particularly. It’s the interest of our State. What will benefit our State is what we must always protect.”
9. Barrister Wike also used the occasion to reassure that the FCT Administration will be fair to all Nigerians, including, members of Rivers State.
10. He said, “I’m not going to discriminate. I’m here for Nigerians. I’m here for those who are members of political parties and those who are not members of any political party.
11. “If you have problems, let me know. Don’t say you are APC; don’t say you are PDP. The benefits that other people get in Abuja, let me know. I’m not a politician of self. I’m a politician of all of us.
12. Speaking earlier, APC National Chairman, South South, Chief Victor Giadom, said the delegation was on the visit to express their appreciation to President Tinubu for the appointment of a Rivers State indigene as FCT Minister and assured the President of the loyalty and support of Rivers State APC members for his Renewed Hope agenda
13. Chief Giadom, while also thanking the FCT Minister for the immense support he gave to the APC presidential candidate in the last elections said his appointment is an indication of the confidence reposed in him by the President.
14. He thereafter congratulated the FCT Minister on his appointment and urged him to deploy his tremendous capacity to bear in the discharge of his duties.
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
(OFFICE OF THE MINISTER)