…AS PDP GOVERNORS PAY HIM COURTESY VISIT
1. The FCT Minister, Barr. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike has reiterated his commitment to the success of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda.
2. Barr. Wike stated this when he received members of the PDP Governors Forum led by its chairman, Senator Bala Muhammed, on a courtesy visit to the Minister on Wednesday, November 1st , 2023.
3. The Minister who used the occasion to thank the President for his appointment as FCT Minister, also applauded President Tinubu’s efforts to resolve the political crisis in Rivers state.
4. He said: “I commend President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and also the PDP governors’ forum for stepping in to resolve the issues. It takes matured minds to be able to do that”
5. The Minister however accused his detractors of being behind the issues in the State and vowed that he would not be intimidated by propaganda in the social media, as such will not dissuade him from doing what is right.
6. The Minister also thanked the Forum for the visit and assured that he will continue to work for the President to realize his agenda to renew the hope of the citizenry.
7. Noting that he is still a member of the PDP, the Minister reiterated that his assignment in the FCT is to represent the interest and unity of the country and not to promote the agenda of any political party.
8. Speaking earlier, Sen. Mohammed commended the appointment of Barr. Wike as the FCT Minister by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, saying it was a demonstration of the President’s bipartisan leadership style in the country
9. Sen. Mohammed who was once the FCT Minister, said, “At the risk of being accused of flattery, we really appreciate Mr. President and Nyesom Wike. Again, giving him this office at the FCT, which is like a State, in spite of the fact that he is still one of us as a PDP member, has shown the kind of leadership that Mr. President has”.
10. Noting that Barrister Wike’s antecedents made him deserving of the recognition by the President, Sen. Mohammed urged the FCT Minister to continue to dispense his onerous responsibility to the President, assuring that the PDP was fully in support of his God-given bipartisan responsibility.
11. Sen. Muhammad further urged the FCT Minister to continue to be a mentor and a leader of not only Rivers State but also at the national level, especially as a trusted ally of the President.
12. He said, “We are proud of this dual and multifarious position that you have assumed. You are growing in your pedigree. Even though you contested elections with me at the primaries, I know your pedigree has risen very high. We are sure you are going to make positive contributions to the growth and development of the country, especially at this level, given your antecedents in Rivers Sate”.
13. Speaking on the political situation in Rivers State, Sen. Mohammed who described the issues as a family affair of the PDP, said it has been resolved by the party, adding that Rivers State is an important economic enclave of the country hence the interest of the President and all stakeholders to resolve the issues.
14. He commended the Minister’s maturity in the face of the crisis while applauding his immense contributions to the growth of Rivers state and the PDP.
15. Also present at the meeting were Governor Caleb Mutfwang of Plateau State, Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State and and Kefas Agbu of Taraba State.
DIRECTOR OF PRESS
OFFICE OF THE HONOURABLE MINISTER